Sunday, March 30, 2014

So All About That: Almost April


Get the look:
Delicate headband: This is one of my oldest fashion fall-backs; take the chain of a necklace and wear it as a headband. Luckily styles have progressed since I was 14, and this look is being manufactured to be worn for this actual purpose--no more awkwardly tying a too-long chain to make it fit my head.






Intricate necklines: I've seen a lot of fuss about intricate backs, but personally I like the details where I can see them. For those of us who don't like fussing with the rope-ness of thicker straps, I'd recommend buying a top made in a thinner or softer fabric.






Floral kimono: I know, I know: florals? For spring? How original. If you side with Meryl Streep on the subject of florals for the spring season, that's fine--I personally own a lace embroidered one, and I'm still obsessed with it. I love this piece because you can wear it with any spring-y outfit: short sleeves, long sleeves, shorts, skirts, dresses, pants, leggings, you name it! I'm going to have to stop myself from exclusively buying kimonos this season.

Art deco inspired dress and earrings: It's been a year since the release of The Great Gatsby and the consequent poster, but I still can't stop admiring the truly spectacular linear symmetry of the art deco movement. I love that it's geometric but still smooth, and can be applied to a variety of items of fashion.

No comments :

Post a Comment