Tuesday, March 18, 2014

OOTD: Art Store


Shirt: H&M, similar from Style Nanda
Sweater: Old Navy
Necklace: Similar from ShopLately (though could easily be recreated with green seed beads)
Earrings: Similar from SpringSky on Etsy
Lipsticks: Forever 21 mix and match lipstick set

In the midst of finals week, I took a trip to the art store to shop for my dad's birthday present. Blick is one of my favorite places in the world, and I'm so lucky to live right down the street from it! This week is all about comfort--I'm spending most of my time writing essays, studying, and taking tests, so I have to be able to go the whole day without worrying about my shoulders hurting or my skirt being too short. However, that doesn't mean I have to sacrifice style. Instead of concentrating on the statement any single item of clothing makes in my outfit, I focus more on the colors and silhouette. In this case, I chose three of the colors from my Mid-March Madness list (coming tomorrow) and a fit-to-flow silhouette created by pairing a high-low shirt with a simple sweater. The lipstick was a quick, easy, comfortable way to make sure I didn't look like I'd just rolled out of bed.

No comments :

Post a Comment